JLM asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

It's the first missed day of my period. My pregnancy test is negative. Could I still be pregnant?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course you still could be! When you're posting your questions please look and see if there are similar questions already answered. Questions like yours are very common.

• 1 decade ago

It is possible...I took a test on/about the first day of my missed period and got a negative result, but when my period still hadn't started a few days later I took another test. It was positive...and I'm now 3 months pregnant. It just depends on your hormone levels as to how soon you'll get a positive result - I would wait a few days and take another test if you haven't started your period by then.

Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

yes you could possibly be pregnant,they recommend that taking a pregnancy test a week after your missed period is the best time to get the most accurate result Hun,so i suggest that you wait a few more days to see if your period comes and if after a week your period still doesn't come take a test or go to your GP and get a blood test done for a more definite result xx

Source(s): mummy of 2
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. A PG test can only show postiive if there is a high enough level of a certain hormone. You get a negative, it means that high of a level is not present-- either because you are not PG or because you're not far enough yet for it to register.

If you get a positive...its almost never false.

Wait a couple days and test again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes sometimes it takes time for the hormone levels to build up and get a positive reading. I didn't have one until I was 12 weeks pregnant. I am now 32 weeks pregnant with a baby girl.

• 1 decade ago

YES! I'm a mother of two and with my second child my pregnancy test came up negative, I took another one like a week later and it was positive.

• Kat H
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes. I showed negative for a couple of weeks. You should wait a week, test again, and if still negative, wait another week. That is likely what your doctor will have you do.

• 1 decade ago

Most definately you could be. I'm 2 days past due and the HPT was neg this morning. Called my dr and he said the the HCG level was probably low and to try again this coming weekend.

• 1 decade ago

wait a couple of more days and if you still missed your period take the test..your hcg levels might be to low at the moment to trigger a hpt..good luck

Source(s): 31 weeks pregnant
  • 1 decade ago

You could be but it's possible that your hormone levels are a bit low and so you're getting a false negative.

• 1 decade ago

yes there may be a chance but you maystill need to wait a little bit longer or use another test and test yourself in about a week.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.