what training do i need for drafting jobs?

What is the best training to get to obtain work in drafting? Do I need an Associates degree or or will one of the online diploma programs work?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    What you need is to understand that most drafting has changed to Cad/Cam and drafting is a very low paying profession. My son took classes until the instructor made the mistake of telling them the wage they could expect. He was already making way more as a welder so dropped it.

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    Yes, I think it is a great idea for kids that want a vocation and don't want to take the route of a four year college or a trade school. Where I went to high school, they had a program called ROP, or Regional Occupational Program. Kids were able to learn skills like video production, graphic design, CAD/CAM, and a few other areas while getting high school credit. Many of the course were on campus at a local junior college, so some people were exposed to college at an early age and decided to take that route instead.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You should get some kind of diploma, whether it be in engineering or architecture. However, for simple drafting, you might be able to get by with just an intense drafting course that uses either AutoCAD or SolidWorks, or another widely used program.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.