Brick tiles?

YOU PUT ON WALL IN KITCHIN AS BACK SPLASH IT IS THE REEL LOOK BUT IS ONLY ABOUT 1/4" THK. MY QUESTION IS WHAT TYPE OF MORTOR DO YOU USE MINE LOOKS LIKE CARCOLE BLACK

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They are adhered with "wall brick mortar." It is probably available at a home supply store. You spread it all over the area that the 'bricks' will be stuck to, then place the bricks, allow a space between them, and the colored brick mortar appears to only be between the pieces, and will be "struck," meaning recessed from the face of the bricks. After, you can use a popsicle stick, etc, to make sure the grout lines are somewhat smooth.

Using liquid nails doesn't give you colored, sandy mortar looks between the pieces.

Setting them like regular tile and grouting them won't work because the bricks are probably pretty rough, and grout won't be easy to apply or to remove the excess. Grouting conventionally will fill the grout lines, also, which isn't the way wall brick is supposed to look.

Hope that helps

Source(s): 21 years in floorcovering
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would use tile mastic. After they are set, seal, and then grout with a sanded tile grout.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Use liquid nails.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.