Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Should I date him?

I have a friend and he is a guy. Well he is my best friend. Everyone says he likes me, should I date him? I also hate his teeth, they are crooked, I guess I always find the worst in him, do you think I am mean? =( Or do you think we arent right for each other because I always pick out the bad things about him ?

I have a friend and he is a guy. Well he is my best friend. Everyone says he likes me, should I date him? I also hate his teeth, they are crooked, I guess I always find the worst in him, do you think I am mean? =( Or do you think we arent right for each other because I always pick out the bad things about him ? ( I sorta do like him.. Not a whole lot tho).

Favorite Answer

Hi,

well first you must know if he really likes you,

you have to hear it directly from him,.

Don't date him just because others say he likes you.

Do it if also in a small part of your heart, you do like him also.

Maybe you tend to take out the bad things about him as you also like him and at any cost is trying to avoid it and so you always tend to critic him in some way.

But maybe you really is not meant to be dating him.

The decision don't depend on your friend.

It depends on what you really think of him and if he also really likes you.

It's only you who is the judge of what you will do.

And as he is your friend, try to discuss it with him and only with him.

Well good luck:-)

First off, you should never date someone just because they like you. It has to be a mutual attraction and connection.

It's only natural to notice flaws such as teeth. I have the same tendency, but also keep in mind there is such a thing called orthodontics so its not like a flaw that can't be fixed. However if you two do have a chemistry and you choose not to act on it because his teeth are crooked then that's being very superficial.

Looks fade and they change, its unfair to judge a person based on that.

Another factor is the best friends thing. Many guys say that any lasting relationship starts out as a friendship. However you also run the risk that things wont work out and the friendship can be hindered. I have had some of my guy friends tell me that once a guy is romantically involved with a girl he can't just be friends anymore. However my experience is other wise. I have plenty of exes that are now and have remained friends when the relationship didn't work out.

Best thing is to sit down one on one and have a talk. But before you do that sit down yourself and weigh the pros and cons. List everything you are looking for from looks, to humour, clothing style, to type of relationship. If you want something fun and easy going with little direction and he is looking to get married, there will be a problem. Also look at what you want out of life are both your paths going in the same direction?

Well, if you like him you should date him. Instead of looking for the small details that you don't like about him, look for the good aspects of him. He could be a really great guy if you look past those crooked teeth. No, you're not mean, you are just trying to look for reason not to date him. Maybe you aren't right for him, maybe you are. Only time will see :). Good luck!

well look he is your best friend and i had to friends that was a guy and a girl and they were best friends too! but they started to go out and every thing was good untill they broke up! and after they hated each other and they never talked to each other again! the moral of this story is to just stay friends with him and dont let nothing come in between your friendship k!!

p.s you shouldnt care about his teeth any ways!! as long as he is nice to you and treats you right!!

good luck with this!!

Well if you aren't attracted to him, you aren't attracted to him, end of story. But if you could like him and you are holding yourself back merely because of his teeth, let yourself go a little bit and see how it goes!

And if he hasn't come out and said he likes you to your face, then don't worry about it and continue your friendship like you would if there was no crush involved(on either side!) good luck

I don't think you should date him.... If you can't stand his teeth just imagine what you will be staring at when you two are out his TEETH!!!! Don't date anyone you dislike get a good one that you can learn to love....

That depends, guys hate it when girls nag them and find faults. It sucks the love out of a relationship REAL FAST>

Go for it, just dont judge him.

honestly, what i think doesnt matter. what matters is what you think, do you like him? it doesnt seem like it. so you probley shouldnt date him. as for always seeing the worst, its a mind thing, you have to train yourself to see the good in him. i dont think your being mean about only seeing the worst, but its probley just a habit your going to have to break

good luck !!!!!

nah your not mean but you just dont feel the same way and he should respeact that no one can force you to do anything that you dont want to do and your only picking the bad things about him because you dont like him and thats it

if you dont like him let him know dont just go out with him because people tell you too you'll just end up hurting him in the end cause he'll eventually find out it was a pity date