Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Hilton Head Island, SC golf tournament?

My dad, uncle, aunt and I are going to the PGA Tournament at Hilton Head... I believe it is played at Sea Pines. Anyway... our good friend is Joe Durant and he is playing in it and he got us tickets. It is April 12-15. I haven't seen it on TV or been to it. Anyone know if it is a good tournament? We have a house is Hilton Head but... we have never been to that tournament. And I am going to be at the Masters the weekend before.

Thanks!!

Its the Verizon Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links

Favorite Answer

You are headed to a great tournament. The Sea Pines Heritage Classic, held annually at the Harbour Town Golf Links, is an annual staple on the PGA Tour. Its close scheduling proximity to the Masters sometimes costs it a high caliber field, but none-the-less, it will attract many of the game's top players.

Harbour Town Golf Links is unique too, opened in 1968, it was the first golf course design project by Jack Nicklaus. His co-designer was Pete Dye of the "railroad tie" and "TPC" fame.

Congrats too on scoring Masters tickets. As you probably know, a patron badge for the Masters is widely acknowledged as the "toughest ticket in sports" to acquire. As a badge holder, you are in an elite group to be sure. I was lucky enough to attend one Masters Tournament, 1983 (Seve Ballesteros) and consider it one of the highlights of my life.

Have fun!

• SG

I've never heard of it. It's probably a new tournament.

Even though it's not a big, major tourney, there is no such thing as a bad, pro golf tournament. Have fun at Augusta and at HH.

___________EDIT______________

Actually I have, Harbor Town is a great course.

Source(s): kk

Any tournament with good golfers is a good tournament

that lighthouse is one of my favorite sights in golf