What kind of chocolate should i use to drizzle on top of a cake?

I am making a cake covered in buttercream frosting but i want to drizzle the top with chocolate. If I use chocolate chips, won't the cocolate harden once it cools? I want the end result of the drizzled chocolate to be shiny and not hard. What kind of chocolate should I use? Chips? Ganache?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

use a double boiler and melt bitter sweet chocolate for your drizzle

• 1 decade ago

Use some chocolate chips or a good bittersweet chocolate, melt it with a little cream and a tsp. or 2 of butter- it should be dark and shiny. Drizzle away!

• 1 decade ago

You would want to make a ganche for this effect. Take about 8 oz of bittersweet choco and chop it up, boil a cup of heavy cream once it is at a boil, add to chocolate and mix together, you will have a creamy glossy chocolate drizzle even when a little harder it still will have a glossy tint to it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Make a chocolate ganache. melt one part heavy cream and one part bittersweet (or semisweet) choc chips/pieces in a double boiler. Drizzle on top

Source(s): Professional Cook/Culinary Insitute of America Alumnus
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Croa
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

2 oz chocolate chips

1 T oil

Melt in microwave and drizzle.

Texture will be perfect

Good luck

• 1 decade ago

Cadburys dairy milk

• 1 decade ago

You should use chocolate iciing but add some extra melted chocolate to make it more chocolaty and harder.

• 1 decade ago

you should get chocolate fudge on a cake if you like it

• Trish
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

herseys syrup

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.