What kind of chocolate should i use to drizzle on top of a cake?

I am making a cake covered in buttercream frosting but i want to drizzle the top with chocolate. If I use chocolate chips, won't the cocolate harden once it cools? I want the end result of the drizzled chocolate to be shiny and not hard. What kind of chocolate should I use? Chips? Ganache?

Favorite Answer

use a double boiler and melt bitter sweet chocolate for your drizzle

Use some chocolate chips or a good bittersweet chocolate, melt it with a little cream and a tsp. or 2 of butter- it should be dark and shiny. Drizzle away!

You would want to make a ganche for this effect. Take about 8 oz of bittersweet choco and chop it up, boil a cup of heavy cream once it is at a boil, add to chocolate and mix together, you will have a creamy glossy chocolate drizzle even when a little harder it still will have a glossy tint to it

Make a chocolate ganache. melt one part heavy cream and one part bittersweet (or semisweet) choc chips/pieces in a double boiler. Drizzle on top

Source(s): Professional Cook/Culinary Insitute of America Alumnus
  • Croa

2 oz chocolate chips

1 T oil

Melt in microwave and drizzle.

Texture will be perfect

Good luck

Cadburys dairy milk

You should use chocolate iciing but add some extra melted chocolate to make it more chocolaty and harder.

you should get chocolate fudge on a cake if you like it

• Trish

herseys syrup