can i replat a borken piece off of a cactus?

i have a few cactus that have broken off and i was wonderin if i can replat them and will they sprout roots

Favorite Answer

It depends on the plant, I got this great lil cactus as a present like four years ago in high school. Whenever a leaf/bud/piece fell off little red roots would come out and if you stuck it in the ground a whole new plant would grow. When I got it, it was in one of those little plastic pots you can hold in your hand, now the plant takes up a planter the size of a bike wheel. Good luck :)

• kulpa

the biggest one interior the final 2 years on April a million has been the stream of the advice some "Dooms Day Virus". form of like the Y2k element each physique working around frantically attempting to get a speedy restoration. specific made those disaster and adrenaline junkies chuffed. what's the Spiritually in an April fools humorous tale?

• jhvnmt

yes, you can do this with any succulent. just lay the broken piece on top of the dirt and it will take root. You may want to press it down a little into the dirt, but I wouldn't bury it.

Here is a great answer and how to for you.

http://plantanswers.tamu.edu/publications/cactus/g...