Is everything ok?

I am about 15 weeks pregnant and I have not felt my baby move, is everything ok? This is my 2nd child. When I was about 13 -14 weeks I felt fluttering and I'm not sure if it was the baby or not. Anyone have any thoughts?

Favorite Answer

That is totally normal. The average gestation for feeling the quickening (the fluttering feeling you describe) is about 18 weeks.

In addition- a fetal kick count isn't reliable until 28 weeks.

No worries, mama!

Every pregnancy is different. The baby could be smaller than the last one, facing a different direction, etc. I never looked for fluttering until around 17 weeks plus. 15 weeks is still very very early. You may have felt fluttering last time at 13-14 weeks, but it could've been gas bubbles or that your stomach was tighter then. Don't worry yet, your baby is probably fine. At each appointment they do a heartbeat check, and that would be more of an indication of problems at 15 weeks.

Don't stress each child is different. but if you wet a wash clothe and put it in the freezer.. then put it on your belly. the baby will move.. He/She doesn't like cold. Worked great for when the baby was under my rids and I couldn't eat.

• Dani

Every pregnancy is different, this baby might not be as active as the first. Give it sometime, everything is fine.

Please dont worry. It is sometimes longer, I am just now 16 weeks today and just felt my first flutter. It will happen. :) Congrats!!