What kind of language do you give to sellers requesting feedback when their home has had no showings?

You need to keep in touch with them, but no one has made any showing appointments on their house. Assume that the house looks good, the net pictures look good, the price is nice, etc. I just need to write an email script and don't know what more to say other than, "I'm currently awaiting feedback on your home. I look forward to speaking with you soon and will be in touch. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions."

What should be said?

Thanks

• T J
    Favorite Answer

By saying you're awaiting feedback, you're implying it has shown and you're just waiting for feedback.

This would be unethical at a minimum, it could even be legally unsafe for you if they ask for a list of showings and find out is hasn't been shown.

I think you need to just say there hasn't been showings yet as the market has been unusually soft, as they most likely know. If there is anything you can do to make it stand out, tell them. If you think dropping the price $5000 will light up some eyes, suggest that. But don't lead them on - it's unfair to them and dangerous to you.

Consider this - in a better market, it would have moved. So you're not to blame for the market. If anything, they might wonder what's with you if they think they have had showings but you can't get feedback nor sell the house.

I think that sounds fine. You might want to let them know how soon they can expect to hear from you, or the average waiting time. Something like, "I'm currently awaiting feedback on your home. I will be in touch within 30 days, if not sooner. I look forward to speaking with you, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions."

Good luck.

Be honest and explain the market is a little slow right now, but it fluctuates and will pick up ssoon. Then explain what marketing you are doing to help improve traffic.