Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

What are some creative persuasive speech topics?

I have to give a persuasive speech for my Human Communication Skills class. Some of the things that are banned by my college are abortion, seat belts, smoking, condoms, euthanasia, and Greek life. I want to talk about something that will be interesting to my target audience (18-22 year olds, mostly females as there are twenty females and four males in my class). Thank you for any suggestions and help! I want something creative!

Favorite Answer

Persuade them to register to vote! You can use the case of Bush v. Gore to point out how close it can be and how individual votes matter.

Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have to give a persuasive speech for my Human Communication Skills class. Some of the things that are banned by my college are abortion, seat belts, smoking, condoms, euthanasia, and Greek life. I want to talk about something that will be interesting to my target audience (18-22 year olds, mostly...

Source(s): creative persuasive speech topics: https://shortly.im/E70BU

A creative speech: Convince your classmates that Aliens/UFOs are real. This is a humurous and creative topic. It can be fun to research too. I did this one and it went off really well. You can start using Drake's Equation.

Something that might appeal to females is Natural Family Planning or Fertility Awareness Method. This is natural birth control and natural conception (not to be confused with rythm method).

An interesting topic is Schizophrenia (most often diagnosed in females). In countries other than the U.S. it is a quickly curable disease. In the U.S. it is a life long illness.

Culture topics are also usually very fun to study and interesting. Such as freedom of religion, treaty rights, etc...

Check out http://www.classtopic.com/ They have some great topics that I've used in the past. Each topic has three good sources to get you started on the research, too.

Think of things you like and that you're passionate about. It doesn't matter if you have an interesting topic because if you don't feel passionatly about it then you won't be able to persuade anyone.

controversial topics often make good speeches..abortion..war..things like that, that people tend to feel differently about

- Why you should play an instrument (it makes you smarter, better at math, more logical, and creative)

- Why you should have a pet (there are psycological effects)

Talk about how condoms are not allowed; however, you are not allowed to get an abortion. So there telling you either dont do it or dont be safe about it but when the woman gets pregnant she cant get an abortion.

talk about cars. gasoline cars vs hybrid & electric cars.