What is my converted 30-06 Reminton Model 54 to a 308 Norma Mag?

I've been to a couple of Gun Auction sites but have not had an success finding a similar type gun for sale.

Favorite Answer

The 308 Norma Mag had a rather unusual history, with reamers being supplied before even the ammunition was available, and well before a commercially chambered rifle was made. But it never hit the top seller list, and it faded pretty quickly. There's nothing at all wrong with it, but in competing with the H&H and Winchester magnums, it seemed to just fade away. You're probably not going to find many for sale, because the people that got them were not your run-of-the-mill riflemen, and there's no reason for them to sell the things. But if searching the auction sites is your way of wasting time, you might expand your search to the 338/308 wildcats that are essentially the same.

Conversions tend to be one-of-a-kind. Are you sure it is a 308 Norma Mag, and not 308 Winchester?

I have been told that this is an easy conversion that any good gunsmith can do. It is just a mater if having th correct reamer and reaming the chamber out.