Gears of War or Halo?

Favorite Answer

As a girl I prefer Halo because theres less language and blood but if you plan on playing online then I would definitly choose Gears of War because most people who play Halo online are extremely skilled and are on there 24/7. Playing Halo online generally just makes my frustrated because my all-time high would have to be like 3 kills. I hope this helps.

Source(s): Many, many, expieriances.
  • Durr

Ok I'm a big fan of both, so here is your comparison:

GoW is a great tactical shooter. Rather then run and gun, it implants taking and sending fire at specific times to kill your enimies. The online is a bit tense when your teamates are all dead, but it's fun as hell.

Halo is your super fast paced shooter that pretty much rules out every 1st person shooter so far. Lots of weapons and great storyline. Flawlessly, Halo is the best choice if you like fast paced action and such simplistic control scheme that your 5 year old brother could adapt to.

GoW for RTSS, Halo for R & G

gears of war if you like 3 person shooters

halo if you like 1 person shooters

but ill choose gears

Totally different experience... Gears of War is third-person, and is more 'Stop-and-Pop'... you'll spend most of your time in cover, hiding behind something. Halo is first person, and has a more 'Run-and-Gun' feel to it. You'll be constantly moving and shooting others.

Halo, especially if you're not getting Xbox Live

• blah

No question Halo. It is one of the most successful series ever. Great storyline as well. No question.