Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Your Religious Views?

Which of these best describes you?

Religious=Member of an organized religion

Spiritual=Believe in god and maybe an afterlife but not a member of any religion

Agnostic=You have no idea if there is a god or not.

Atheist=You believe there is no god.

I would say i am spirtual. I don't like organized religions but i still believe in god.

Favorite Answer

Spiritual, I guess, but I don't believe in spirits or angels or any of that nonsense.

Religious

Atheist.

I believe that religion is the root of all evil. It gives people false hope and preaches intolerance. There is no way we can co-exist as a people when you have Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc...that all believe the creator of the universe wrote their holy book. All of these religions preach to their followers that if you don't believe in their religion, you're going to hell. They all preach hate in one form or another in the name of god. They do not allow rational thought. They try to discredit 21st century technology with bronze age fiction. Religion is a true conversation stopper. As soon as someone brings up religion, the conversation is over. People faith allows them to believe with out any evidence or logical proof. Religion is a safety net for many of it's followers. Just look at all the evil that occurs in the world in the name of god(FYI, I am not only referring to Islam but to the dominant religion in the US as well, Christianity).

Religion = Organized Ignorance.

My children will not be religious. They will be taught evolution and learn their morals from common sense and the golden rule. I will not allow my kids to go to schools that endorse religious views. I hope that with the advent of technology that religion will be bred out as new generations acknowledge the truths and scientific evidence of our existence and stop relying on ancient literature and fables.

Torn between spiritual and agnostic. But I veer more towards agnostic when people get all new-age on me :)

Not a fan of organised religion at all. For the small bit of comfort and camaraderie it gives, it seems to tear down more than it builds. Just seems a bit fascist to me at times.

However we have no heirarchy (no bishops, no popes, no imams or whatever). We similar churches sometimes do things together but we're very autonomous.

I am a Conservative Jew.

Spiritual. I like to believe that there is something out there, I'm just not entirely sure who or what it is. I try to keep my mind open to all the possibilities. :-)

Spiritual best describes me. Though I would still say that I am a Christian.

I'd say the same, ban all organized religions from the face of the earth.

I'm religious and I love my religion.

Source(s): Islam