Does anyone know where you can sell leftover retail store inventory?

I recently closed my retail gift store and would like to know if there is somewhere that I can sell all the inventory I have left. The inventory I have left has a retail value of about $20,000. I have tried listing it on ebay with no luck. Thank you. Renee

• NC
    Favorite Answer

You could try selling it on overstock.com or finding an inventory liquidator in your area...

The answer is www.liquidation.com !! I buy from them all the time! they are a publicly traded company! They sell up to truck loads... Break down your inventory would be your best bet but you could have all that sold in about 7 days.... Actually I am intrested maybe in buying some.. what kind of gift products do you have? msg me!!

Source(s): www.liquidation.com

You need to find a nearby surplus store. They will take your entire inventory, but at a considerable markdown.

You could take out an ad in a local newspaper.

You could open a stall at a flea market.

or

You could sell it on consignment to one of those resale organizations.

Good luck

Check out surplus stores of if you want you could try to sell it at a market.

It doesn't matter whether it is store bought or homemade. Catfish will eat just about anything. Everything from worms, sardines, shad, mudsuckers chicken liver, minnows, hotdogs & stinkbait.

You can liquidate it with a reseller or closeout firm.

I would sell it at a flea market booth or garage sale.

Source(s): A business coach

I see that you have already tried to list the items of ebay but have you considered using one of the ebay sellers to sell your items. They will list your items and you will pay them a commission from what sells.

Hope this helps

a lot of times places like big lots,dollar generals family dollar store, or put in news paper works alot of the time if nothing else to a swap meet [good idea!] good luck! angie

• Cal

Flea Market. I closed a store and did well at the flea mkt.