Why are the conservatives on this forum more xenophobe and anti international cooperation than Bush?

Bush speaks about Europe and Belgium and the EU with far more respect than you fox news junkies.

Is it a vast right wing conspiracy to make me like Bush?

• Yemaya
    Favorite Answer

Because it actually takes getting out and seeing the world, reading books and pulling your head out of the fox news network to have any kind of diplomatic world view. To see the importance of cooperation with other nations actually takes critical thought and as I have pointed out many times conservatives are incapable of this.

Though Dubya didn't travel much in his early days (studying too hard to earn all those c's in his ivy league college) he has traveled some since stealing the throne, and it has pried open that American-centric pea brain of his enough to get some kind of concept of diplomacy when it suits him.

But don't expect much from the conservatives on this forum they know not what they do, because they have a myopic view of the world and do not consider "others" as you have pointed out they can not recognize the importance of global partnerships and maybe that will be to our demise.

seeing as how Bush doesnt include Toyota in talks about the future of automobiles in this country. He just plain isnt interested in a team approach to anything anywhere. Hes a piece of crap for president and this country is getting no where fast. Everyone thats deluded into thinking this economy is going well needs a psychiatrist.

International cooperation takes away from national sovereignty. Europe hates America.

Wait, I thought you felt the USA should in fact, be less influential in global affairs.... You are setting a double standard. Do you want cooperation or do you want the USA to stay out of Belgium's affairs?

Oh dearie me,I believe Europe takes the crown on xenophobia. We've been a melting pot for a looong time.

We don't need you. That's the point you're missing.

The problem the US has is that we are damned when we act and damned when we don't. I'd actually prefer us to go back to the days of the Monroe Doctrine and leave Europe and the rest of the 'Old World' to themselves.

What ever. More America bashing from some Socialist country.

Go play in your sewer filled streets.. Or Bath and shave... theres a novel idea!

Simple. Bush is not really a conservative.

A conservative would not want to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens a SECOND time around.

A conservative would not pass a humongous new medical entitlement.

They strongly love their country and irrationally believe if you speak against America you are a traitor or dont love your country.

They of course are not right. I love my mother, but I do not like or get along with her. Same thing can apply to the country, I love America and all it has afforded me, but strongly disagree with our foreign policy.

Belgium has done SO MUCH for the civilized world.

Other than waffles, what has belgium done?