How do I check out what websites my kids have been in when they have erased it from the history?

It seems like they erased the websites from the internet explorer and I dont know where to find where they have been.

• Sora
    Favorite Answer

If the history and the temporary files are erased then u cant do anything about it, but if it's just the history, the temporary files may still be there and u will have to go over the address to see where they have been

This is difficult without advanced knowledge, but an easy ( and sneaky ) way is to right click the local disk ( usually 'C' ) then disk cleanup in the box click temporary files then click view files, and youll get a basic idea from the graphics shown which websites they have been visiting. If they have already cleared these files then they ( your children ) are more advanced than you, so buy a lock and a big stick.

If you are checking if they have gone to x-rated sites there will cookies with obvious names. You can also double click on an empty search engine box to see the search terms that were used. If you are using the Google search engine it has a feature to tailor searches based on previous searches. It keeps track of all searches but must be turned on. It is in addition to the browser cache. Just keep it a secret. It only works with Google.

Check in your Cookies section, that is if they haven't deleted the cookies as well as your internet Explorer history, Otherwise I do not see any other way for you to find out lol

Source(s): Self

After erasing the history I believe it would be impossible to check the websites they have visited. But there is such thing called "parental control" it won't let them visited the types of websites you wouldn't want them to visit.

If they have cleared the history then you cannot restore the information. your ability to prevent this in the future depends on you and your kids abilities on the computer. My recommendation is purchase and install a program such as NetNanny so you not just monitor but restrict access according to the content of the site, time of day and the amount of time they have spent on the net so far

You can't, they're smart.

If you don't trust them, you can install some sort of tracking thing, I don't know how, but you can call your internet provider, but otherwise, if you do trust them, or if they are good kids, don't sneak up on them.

Cookies and cache can show links associated with sites, or ads, and stuff they might not be searching, it's not reliable as much as history is.

I delete my history everytime I go online to save space on my computer, and keep it running fastly, and clearly I'm not doing anything I'm not supposed to.

Search the cache folder for internet explorer. Also, search the cookie folder and sort by date.

Go and check the cookies. Also you can by spy software to keep an eye on them.

Cleary their going on sited you told them not to. Got Norton and use the Parent features