What are some good, healthy snack ideas for toddlers?

Favorite Answer

Fresh fruit

Orange Creamsicles made from orange juice, yogurt and water.

Soft-cooked vegetables such as carrots, asparagus tips, green beans, etc., served with a cottage cheese or yogurt-blended dried buttermilk dressing dip.

It depends on how old the toddler is. Most of the snacks mentioned are fine as long as your child is not a gagger or a choker. My granddaughters love cheese (low fat), fruit, and yogurt, too, though they make a huge mess with the tubed stuff and it is more expensive. I cut up seedless grapes into halvesor quarters for safety. They like not as healthy snacks like Goldfish, too. Cereal is a good snack once in awhile. They like it dry with a cup of milk on the side.

Cut up strawberries, apples, bananas, any kind of fruit they like. I'd be careful with citrus because they are sometimes kind of stringy (gagging again).

They also like peanut butter and are fond of peanut butter toast. They only eat whole wheat bread so that's a good snack, too.

Veggies dipped in ranch is good and my daughter makes a "rainbow" dip mixing ranch with a tiny bit of Italian that all three girls love.

Low fat lunch meat like ham slices are good with the cheese and crackers. We use small cookie cutters and cut the meat and cheese into fun shapes.

Fruit snacks made with real juice are good for traveling.

A variety is the best thing so they don't get bored. I baby sit my granddaughters and I overdid the Goldfish.

Source(s): A Granny Nanny

Anything without too much refined sugar in it, and nothing too hard to chew. Organic fruit cut into slices, like apples, oranges, bananas, and also low-fat cheese and sandwiches on wheat bread.

When I was a toddler, I really liked apple slices and peanut butter, and also peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

• ?

Cheese cubes, grapes halved, bananas, cooked carrots(with brown sugar possibly), mangos, domicile made applesauce, cooked finished grain pasta. while i'm making waiting snacks for my daughter i attempt to get an excellent variety of her vegatables and culmination then vs at meal time. Cheese cubes and string cheese is taken into consideration one of my daughters fashionable snack.

Teddy Grahms and Go Gurt

Carrots sticks dipped in Ranch dressing,Celery with peanut butter,jello with mixed fruit in it.

Graham crackers, string cheese. go-gurt (yogurt in tubes - you can freeze them too), raisins, pretzels, natural fruit leather and frozen orange juice pops.

Good Luck.

fruit bowls and yogurt I would also use colorful cereals to make a design that the child will find interesting

All good suggestion only can add Cheerios mixed with raisins or even buy them selves.

Animal crackers, fruit slices, string cheese, crackers.

these are all my little girls favorite snacks.