when is a monel rivet called for?

This is a question pertaining to aviation mechanics

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    A monel rivet is generally used when riveting stainless steel, titanium, or monel materials. Most often in the exhaust sections of turbine engines, I.E. exhaust sleeves, thrust reversers, and other high heat areas. 737-300, CFM56 engines. Also in pylons, APU exhausts,

  • 1 decade ago

    In 30 years, I don't ever recall a rivet in an exhaust section.

    They will be used in high heat areas near the exhaust and in firewall areas. Mostly stainless steel constuction.

    Source(s): The above was a guess. The I checked the AC 43-13-1b and I was right.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.