j6 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Has anyone tried ritalin as an adult??

Dr. wants to switch me from Adderall to Ritalin my 8 year old is on it and it's worked wonders for her does it do the same for adults??

Favorite Answer

My cousin's Dr. put her on it for adult ADHD & it has helped her a lot... with no ill effects. She's in her mid 30's. Good luck.

The only adults I know who took Ritalin used it as a diet aid (which it is not recommended for). However, I am sure your doctor knows that it is safe for you. Give it a try for a week or so and see how you feel. You do not have to continue taking it if it does not work or does not make you feel well.

No no no.... ritalin doesn't work nearly as good as AD, however, I don't have ADHD. I just used to take it in college to get my work done. But seriously, I fall asleep on it and it makes me jittery like too much caffiene.

My brother (50) takes it as an antidepressant and appreciates it, would like to have your doctor.

Yes, it does. It will impair your judgment, and blur your thinking, JUST as it does for children.

Source(s): teacher, social worker, masters in psych