Which team will likely to sign David Carr. If signed will he be starting QB?

Houston Texans have dropped David Carr. Instead they picked below average QB. I am David Carr fan from 1st day, wanted to know which team will he be playing for? and possibility of Starting?

Best Answer

Well, I can't say which team he might end up with, but I am sure it will be a bad one like the Raiders, or a mediocre team like the Dolphins (maybe with Carr they will step over the mediocre hump) or very similiar. Now it won't be as bad as Houston who never really did anything to try to protect Carr. Will he be a starter? If he gets picked up by a bad team, then yes he will most certainly be a starter. Hopefully the team that gets him will have a good O-line, because if they do, then I think everyone will finally see that David Carr is a good QB, who was just unfortunate enough to get drafted by the most dreadful team in the NFL who had absolutely no interest whatsoever in really making their team better.

Here's a list of possible teams and his depth chart placement:

Kansas City: If they aren't content with Huard as starter, its a possibility. Croyle is the future but is at least a year away. He could battle for a starting job here.

Minnesota: He'd walk into a starting job because of a similar situation to the Chiefs. Travaris Jackson is their future, but is probably also a year away. Carr can start here instantly because he's an upgrade over the overaged Brad Johnson and the inexperienced Jackson

Carolina: He'd be the #2 going in, but if Delhomme has a repeat of last season, Carr could get in there as a starter

Oakland: This would be a lateral move, as Oakland's offensive line is equally horrendous as Houston's (maybe more). He would be the starter here even if Oakland does draft JaMarcus Russell. He could sit a year under Carr and come into 2008 as the starter. If they draft Calvin Johnson, Carr is going to be a Raider.

Tampa Bay: They like QB's so anything is possible with them

I think the Raiders. They are not taking Russell so they need a QB that can start from day 1. Carr with have a good RB duo, good receivers (if they keep Moss and Johnson w/ the #1 pick) , a much better D, and if they draft correctly, a much improved O-Line.

I think the Minnesotta Vikings are going to sign him. They really Dont have anybody else, so why not pick him up. Plus minnesotta has a good offensive line so i think Carr has the potential to thrive in Minnesotta. He is very accurate has a decent arm and the vikings have a couple of decent receivers and a pretty good running back in Chester Taylor. A couple of year with Minnesotta and Carr could be the leagues M.V.P.!!!!!

The Raiders would be the logical choice but with Al you never can tell. Think he has mental problems after signing Aaron Brooks last year. Kansas City would be another option with a better line than Oakland. Carolina is searching for something to replace hit me and I'm scared Jake. When healthy their O line is solid and does a good job. The one place that might be interesting IF it could be worked out would be Jacksonville. I could see his working out well in their system with his tools. The last option would be with the Vikings. Since Brad had such a bad year last season they will be searching for someone to step in just in case he has another bad season again.

I don't know exactly where he would end up but he should go to Kansas City. They need a quarterback and Carr is a solid quarterback who just didn't have the offensive line to protect him. The chiefs have a solid offensive line not to mention the best RB not named LT in the NFL. This will give him protection and defenses won't just be able to blitz him every time. He would have a solid career in Kansas City if it were to happen.

• Chris

I would look for him to go to the Raiders. They are in need of a starting QB and even though they will most likely draft Russel from LSU, I do not see them making him their rookie starter. I would look for him to sign a shirt term deal with the Raiders and at least be the starter for the beginning of the year. He will probably get eaten alive because they neede to improve their offensive line.

The MN vikings should sign him. they only have tavaris jackson (unproven) and brooks bollinger (no better than a backup). I think Carr could do well with a good offensive line in front of him.

He could end up with the Oakland Raiders. If so he will definately be starting over Andrew Walter.

Im a Leo and it says I entice a Capricorn whilst right down to earth, responsible, dependable Capricorn meet you, they have met their journey. you're as ethical as Capricorn, and that they admire your values. you're additionally in a position to be a dependable and worrying better half on your Capricorn, even whilst circumstances are hard. you're there to cheer up or inspire your Capricorn - which by no capacity is going unappreciated.