Can you identify this light, single engine USAF aircraft?

This aircraft flew over the house today while I was transplanting my corn seedlings to the garden. I live right next to a airport so single engines are always whizzing by and I hardly notice. However, this one did not land and it passed by with a nice loud sound...and with some zip. I suspect it was just... show more This aircraft flew over the house today while I was transplanting my corn seedlings to the garden.

I live right next to a airport so single engines are always whizzing by and I hardly notice.

However, this one did not land and it passed by with a nice loud sound...and with some zip. I suspect it was just sightseeing over the lake. That happens a lot.

Unusual design. The fuselage ended and two struts continued to the stabilizers. It was grey. It sported the star on the starboard wing and "USAF" on the port.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/silver_smyth/photo/294928804296545473/0

(Sorry about the drawing. I am no artist.)
Update: Nope. Wasn't the OV-10. Similar design though.

The aircraft I saw was smaller and only had a single engine on the leading front. Not on the wings.
Update 2: Nope. Not a P-38. Again, the plane I saw only had one engine.
Update 3: You know what. I bet it is the O-2 Skymaster, Cessna 337. I just didn't notice the rear engine. (It flew directly overhead and I was unable to see the profile.)