What is standard commission pay rate for print advertising sales reps?

I have a small, free distribution, newsprint sports event (i.e., running races) calendar publication, and have been doing it all by myself since I started 9 months ago. I want to look at bringing on a sales rep to help. My prices are very low in relation to other options for advertising events in print... show more I have a small, free distribution, newsprint sports event (i.e., running races) calendar publication, and have been doing it all by myself since I started 9 months ago. I want to look at bringing on a sales rep to help. My prices are very low in relation to other options for advertising events in print publications. Ad prices rage from $250 - $800. There's probably not enough potential to make it a full time job for someone, so I'm considering a commission-only structure for a freelance type sales rep. I'm worried that my advertising rates aren't high enough to provide enough revenues to make it worth the time of a sales rep. If I need to raise rates in order to be able to reasonably compensate a sales rep, I worry that I'll price myself out of the market.
I'm guessing that I'd need to pay 20%-40%. What is the range of commissions that other publications pay their reps? Is a publication like this using freelance, part-time, commission only sales reps very common mode