Giving an opinion versus Judging?

What do you think the difference (if there is any) between giving your opinion on someone/something and judging someone/something?

• kitz
    Favorite Answer

Doesn't really matter because as long as one is not judging another's soul there is nothing wrong with"judging".Opining a belief or discerning right or wrong are exercising a healthy mind.

Intent has a lot to do with it! If you are lovingly helping another & saying something to honestly help them, it might be valuable input. Did someone ask your opinion? Are you answering in a hurtful way? The Bible says "Do no let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29" Will it benefit the person to whom you are speaking? If not, then it might be a personal judgement that is best kept to yourself.

it depends on what u r tlking about. if u havent met someone...and u just look at their appearance...u judge them by saying they are snobby. But that is also ur opinion from what uve seen of them....just ur opinon from what u know SO FAR.

But if u were just commenting on how they look, ur opiion would be that u think they LOOK snobby but they really are a nice person. but thats not judging the person. or judging them on how they look.

Giving ur opinon about someone is from what u already know, Judging is giving ur opinon and not having any knowledge of whats going on.

thats the difference to me.

I think that if your opinion differs from my own then you're being judgemental. I don't mean to think that, but it seems to be the way I respond. I think most people are like that.