Just looking for your thoughts about our children today?

i just read an article from the news about a 4 year old child who died a slow death from an overdose on ADHD drugs and Depikote for bi-polor disorder... the parents kept her and her brother and sister dopped up on these drugs all the time... the 4 year olds teacher had said something to the parents, the pharmisit... show more i just read an article from the news about a 4 year old child who died a slow death from an overdose on ADHD drugs and Depikote for bi-polor disorder... the parents kept her and her brother and sister dopped up on these drugs all the time... the 4 year olds teacher had said something to the parents, the pharmisit said something, the neibor said something and no one did anything about it. now this 4 yr old child is dead.. this disturbes me on many different levels... for 1 why are we allowing these doctors to perscribe these drugs to our kids, why do we let them diagnose our kids with things like ADHD and bi- polor disorder at so young an age or at all for that matter.. they say be carefull how you disapline your kids because it could lead to problems later in life! Ha! what about the problems they"re causing... i"m sorry but every kid acts up, talks a lot, and gets distacted easily... you know sometimes a good pop on the butt can do the trick just fine. ?
16 answers 16