Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 decade ago

Morning Glucose reading???

My morning readings vary between 5.9 and 6.5 before food or drink. Is this too high for my baby or is it ok. I am 28 weeks. I am worried as it says on a few websites that Insulin therapy is needed if the reading is 5.9 or above first thing in the morning. Anyone out there got any advice or personal experience of what the doctor may do for me? Thanks so much to all that have endured all my glucose/diabetes questions recently. xxx

Favorite Answer

Here in the states they generally want glucose levels to be as close to normal, non-diabetic levels, as possible. I'm not sure whether you have gestational diabetes or already had diabetes when you got pregnant. One of things you have to watch out for when you're looking at these sites is that they tend to group all types of diabetes into one group and higher glucose levels can be more dangerous. The best thing to do is speak with your doctor. He/she should tell you whether you need to go on insulin or not. Or maybe they'll make some recommendations on changes you can make in your diet or exercise. One thing for sure, stress will definitely cause glucose levels to rise so don't get yourself all worked up about the things you read on the internet. The greatest dangers in the case of gestational diabetes is having large babies, that make vaginal births very hard, the baby can get stuck, and it increases the chances of needing a c-section. Obviously surgery poses it's own risk to baby and mother. Try not to worry, just speak with your doctor and do whatever is suggested. It could as simple as adding some exercise. Take care of yourself and you and your baby will be fine.

1

Source(s): Reverse Diabetes Without Drugs : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?JlwK

I am not too sure where you got the 5.9 and 6.5. Blood/glucose meters typically read in mg/dl. Usually you want to stay below 100mg/dl but above 40. Over 100 and you are at risk of hyperglycemia. Below 40 and you are probably hypoglycemic. Of course these readings should be before any oral food intake. if you just ate, then the reading may be higher. You should see you OB and follow your docs advice. The Internet is a wonderful thing to reference to learn if you should be asking questions, but rely on your medical professional to give you your final guidance.

U r using mm/dl and we usually measure in mg/dl.

the conversion is 1mm/dl = 18mg/dl

thus 5.9= 106.2 mg/dl

and 6.5 = 117 mg/dl

According to my doctor, before fasting the value should be between 80 - 120 mg/dl. so u r doing fine .

but dont take any risk consult a doctor. these instruments r a little bit tricky, it took a while for me to understand them.

get a chart from the doctor for the measurment, in mm/dl or mg/dl and make a conversation table to be safe.

Also the value of ur blood sugar varies according to the place because of the height and air pressure. the place i live 80-120 is considered normal before fasting. whereas i have heard in some places it 65-115, 85-125 before fasting.

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes.

And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you.

Visit here : https://tr.im/rUtHb to find out what all the fuss is about.

2

Source(s): Diabetes Natural Reamedies http://ReverseYourDiabetes.netint.info/?C7Kl