Pregnant, Infected toe from ingrown toenail, What can I do?

I'm pregnant, and have been dealing with in grown toe nails this past year due to nail fugus (I groom dogs and am always wet in my shoes!!!). I have been able to lift nail out and cut it every few weeks successfully, but the time before this, I got an infection in my right toe and was able to heal it at home by... show more I'm pregnant, and have been dealing with in grown toe nails this past year due to nail fugus (I groom dogs and am always wet in my shoes!!!). I have been able to lift nail out and cut it every few weeks successfully, but the time before this, I got an infection in my right toe and was able to heal it at home by soaking and drawing out infection/pus. This time, it is on my other toe and it is continuing to swell. I can not get the pus to drain out, I've been soaking it and puting on triple antibiotics. I am nervous to go to doctor because due to pregnancy, is it ok for them to numb it? i would like to just have portion or all of nail removed before infection spreads. Should I be calling into work tomorrow, and following days -- will it worsen as I stand on it?
Update: It hurts waaaaay to much to push on it :(
Like, if they cant use anything to numb my toe if I go into the doctor, I will probably scream if they touch it.