djm749
Lv 6
djm749 asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 1 decade ago

Is anyone a member of the Philippine Benevolent Missionary Association?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, they have a horrible reputation of being a murderous cult. Here's a little info on it

Ruben Ecleo

Ecleo, Ruben Edera, December 09, 1934-December 20, 1987, a Filipino spiritual leader who founded the Philippine Benevolent Missionaries Association, Incorporated in 1965. He was born from a poor family in the Island of Cabilan (formerly Puyange), Dinagat, Surigao del Norte, in Northern Mindanao. At the age of 8 he started his mission as a transient healer-missioner using different personalities and travelled all over Mindanao Islands and in some parts of the Bisayan Islands. He learned the Aramaic language and taught a different and unique doctrine of a Christian, Hinduism and Akashic combinations. On the early parts of 60's He organized his first group of followers and called it the "First Thirteen" resembling the Twelve Apostles who first received His teachings and instructions. With the power He possessed and through the teachings He introduced to His followers He received the title "Divine Master" which is equivalent to the title of "Grand Master" or "High Priest" of other masonic or missionary groups. In 1965, He organized and established His association, the Philippine Benevolent Missionaries Association, Inc. and registered it to the Securities and Exchange Commission under the Registration No. 28042.

Through his excellent and magnanimous leadership, he was elected as Mayor of the Municipality of Dinagat and hold the record for having the longest term as mayor for more than 2 decades until his death in 1987. He was chosen as the Most Outstanding Mayor of the Philippines in 1985.

After His death the Association's leadership was bequeathed to his eldest son, Ruben Ecleo, Jr. A mausoleum at the top of the hill in Barangay Cuarenta, San Jose, Dinagat Island was built in His honor.

This page contains articles about the cult http://rickross.com/groups/pbma.html contains information.

Cult leader gets 30 years in prison for corruption

Girl identifies accused killer

Prosecution panel rests its case vs cult leader Ecleo

Ecleo 'close to death'

Ecleo follower charged in lawyer's slay

Cult member accused of molesting teenager

3 more cultists charged with Cebu lawyer's slay

8 Ecleo cult members with high-powered guns nabbed

Witnesses positively identify suspect in Yongco murder

Cult leader's body rotting at compound

Cebu judge frees cult master Ecleo on P1-million bail bond

Ecleo runs for mayor from jail

Ecleo's wife was killed by her brother - witness

Witness testifies she saw Ecleo in Dalaguete with black bag

Cult leader rocks Cebu jailhouse

Ecleo case crawls on a year after

Group out to dismantle PBMA

Cult chief Ecleo arraigned, but refuses to enter plea

Fiscal files charges vs cult leader, guards

Roperos: The Ecleo case

Cult members bullying witness/police

'No God in Jail'

Ecleo Recruiting Fellow Jailbirds at Cebu City Jail

Cebu: Bishop who has been fighting cult sees return of flock to church

Ecleo's group not a cult, says follower

Cult leader lords it over in jail

Ecleo Faces More Charges

Cult chief: Saint to followers, a criminal to his critics

Cult leader tests positive for drug use

23 Surigao Cultists Killed as Law Enforcers Arrest Ruben Ecleo, Jr.

Philippine Sect, Police Clash, Over 12 Said Dead

Philippines shoot-out leaves 17 dead

Cebu: Ultimatum on Ecleo lapses

PBMA members insist group no cult

PBMA founder a 'Christ-like' figure

• 5 years ago

I m a member of the Philippine Benevolent Missionary Association but indeed I cool up for a moment and a time I will decide to comeback and I am one of the Horsepower Missioner. I know that the PBMA will be born again after I left it I m coming very very near.

• 1 decade ago

By birth, was lucky enough to be a member of the Philippine Offsprings with Charitable Parents Association.

• 1 decade ago

I know of a Philippine Violent Doggie-style Society.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sorry never heard of it.

Source(s): your highness
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not me.

• im not..............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.