Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Do you like the name Matte? Like Matt, but not a nickname for Matthew?

• *Lizz*
    Favorite Answer

I Love it!!!!!! Like Matte Babel, that muchmusic VJ! I don't know if his name is a nickname or not, but w.e!

Not much. Matte sounds like your pronounce it Mah-Tay for some reason and using a name so often used as a nickname is a bit odd. Use Matthew for now so you still have the option of calling him Matte but he can keep Matthew later on in life.

Can you imagine a 87-year-old named Matte? I don't know... it's just that a lot of young children are nicknamed Matt so I can't imagine that.

• kgee

matte–adjective 1. having a dull or lusterless surface:

matte paint; a matte complexion; a photograph with a matte finish.

You have to be careful choosing names. Make sure you know the meaning. You don't want anyone teasing him saying he's a "dull boy"

Matte means dull, what an awful name.

matte1 /mæt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[mat] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, verb, mat·ted, mat·ting.

–adjective

1. having a dull or lusterless surface: matte paint; a matte complexion; a photograph with a matte finish.

–noun

2. a dull or dead surface, often slightly roughened, as on metals, paint, paper, or glass.

3. a tool for producing such a surface.

4. Metallurgy. an unfinished metallic product of the smelting of certain sulfide ores, esp. those of copper.

5. Movies. matte shot.

–verb (used with object)

6. to finish with a matte surface.

I know somebody called Matte. I think it could be Polish name. But I like Matthew as well.

• People would assume the Matthew part. Why not Mattias? That would be Matte for short but not Matthew.

Matte would always make me think of a type of photo or paint finish. I like the name, but I personally would stick with the regular spelling (Matt.)

• when u say matte i think of dream matte mouse makeup (lol) and the definition of matte is the opposite of shiny. matte for a name is really odd, i say. and matte is completley different from matt.

i personally like the name matt, its short, sweet, and cute. =)

Only name your kid Matte if you're going to name your other kids "Gloss", "Cream," and "Lacquer."

Otherwise, just go with:

Matt

Matthew

Matthias, or

Mateus

and don't bother naming your children after painters' or makeup artists' terms.

no i dont like it.if you want the kid to be called matt then spell his name correctly MATT. all this changing of spellings of names is stupid.no wonder kids cant read.