Can anyone guide me to name a foreign bank in india to invest mutual funds with eyes closed & savings A/C too?

Please note that I live in Kolkata, India and the foreign banks in retail operations are - American Express Bank, Abn Amro Bank, Citi Bank, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Standard & Chartered Bank. Kindly, help to choose one from the above, I am confused by the promises from their marketing representatives. I am keen to bank on only one for investment as I am a layman in this segment and want the bank to help me. Currently i bank with a national bank but they are of no help. So please guide me.

Favorite Answer

You don't need a bank, you need a broker. They are the ones with access to all the good mutual funds, and you should only invest in one with a long history of good returns, like the Janus Fund family.

You could try contacting on-line brokerages, like TD Ameritrade and Scott trade (both reputable and fairly easy to use). They can tell you whether you can access funds with your account and how to do it. (I have an Ameritrade account, but I only trade stocks.)