Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

What does it mean to be professional?

What does it mean to be professional? I know its a certain behaivor in the work place, but what? Can I get some examples please.. How can one be professional in the work place?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Professionals are obligated to operate according to high and strict standards of conduct in performing their work, both in terms of proficiency and of ethics. In the formal professions (Law, Medicine, Accountancy, etc.) such standards are formally set out in the codes of their professional associations (e.g., the American Bar Association, the American Medical Association). These standards place the interests of the client or patient foremost, requiring the professional to exercise due diligence in serving those interests. Failure to do so can result in censure or loss of license to practice in the profession.

Being professional means fulfilling responsibilities and taking heat. Any employee, no matter what the job, has a contractual obligation to the employer to fulfill the requirements of his or her job description while giving the employer's interests high priority. Beyond that, working professionally generally means

holding to more formal standards of performance and ethics than you might in your personal life. Conform to professional and/or industry standards in doing your job. Do it skillfully and well. Don't pursue personal agendas at the company's expense. Work hard; play fair. Represent your employer, your fellow workers, and yourself with dignity. Give the client and employer more than their money's worth.

• 5 years ago

What Does Professional Mean

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Hi, that's me. Being professional means nothing but professional. Suppose you are a teacher or a lecturer, you talk nothing other than the topics of teaching. You are devoted to the profession of teaching, Professional person always thinks, talks and deals about his professional matters. He never goes out of the jurisdiction of his profession. He never crosses the circle of his profession.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Professional has nothing to do with ethics or codes. Professional simply means you do it for a living, such Professional Roofer, Professional Plumber, Professional Football player, Professional Car Theif. Professional comes from the word Profession. Profession refers to your occupation or job. It simply means that those who are professional make a living a doing what they do. It usually means they are good at doing what they do because they do it for a money. People try to make professional mean something that it does not.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does it mean to be professional?

What does it mean to be professional? I know its a certain behaivor in the work place, but what? Can I get some examples please.. How can one be professional in the work place?

Source(s): professional: https://shortly.im/C1f8o
  • 5 years ago

Professional means Focus, Focus all your effort in a specific activity(goal, mission, massage, policy,), without thinking in any distractions

• 6 years ago

It means you're good and fast at what you do that people are willing to pay you money to take the job out of their hands for you to get it done right.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes i totally agreed with @watercool

visit: http://www.gdapu.com/

• 6 years ago

be honest with your work , be positiv e with your day by day activities thats all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All it means is that you get paid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.