Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

ummm...yea well...ik its stupid?

k so...yea i dont really have a mom and all and i have 3 brothers...and i dont exactly have a sister so...idk how to use a tampon...like i tried it once but it felt SO weird and i heard that they were soposed to be comfortable so...i must be doign somethign wrong and ik the box has directions but i fallowed them and like...ugh idk...help plz! im doign swimming soon and u cant exactly put a pad on ur bathsuit and go swimming

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would ask another female family member, maybe your aunt or cousin. If you are in school talk to your School Nurse. If you have a Gynecologist talk to her. she would defiantly know.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

There are so many reasons why it was not comfortable, firstly you were probably a bit up tight because you hadn't used one before. You really need to relax before inserting the tampon, the muscles in the vaginal area are very strong. Try lying on the bed with your knees bent and use one of the tampons with the applicator until you get used to it.

Make sure you use a small size tampon to start with as well and that you have a heavy enough period so that you are not too dry to get it in.

It is a real trial and error, my daughter will not use them at all, she says she has never been comfortable with them and she even has her first child on the way. There are quite a lot of women who won't use them at all.

Besides, it is now known that they make your period heavier.

Just remember to relax and you will be fine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the tampon was not comfortable yes you were doing it wrong. Look at a diagram of the female anatomy on the web and print it out. Take a hand mirror and look at all of your body parts. Next look at the leaflet in the tampon box. It shows the tampon going up and towards the back not straight in. This is how you have to insert it. Up and kind of pointed to the back.

• 1 decade ago

ok, well first put your thumb and middle fingers on the grip spot, then find the hole and relax. slowly slide it in until your fingers are right next to your skin. then use your pointer finger to push it in.

it will feel uncomfortable until you get used them. make sure you dont leave them in too long though. if you need more help, you can email me or whatever

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi ... take a look at this website xx

Source(s): www.tampax.co.uk
  • 1 decade ago

look it up on google

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.