Which is a better place to work at Home Depot or Menards?

Favorite Answer

I currently work for Menards as a member in the Hardware Dept./Garden Center in the Summer. I am sure that at both Menards and Home Depot, the type of retail work that you will be doing will be fairly similar, so neither will be easier or harder to work for. One thing that Menards is very great at is benefits for employees. First, you get a 10% discount on anything in the store. It is known as PRD, or Pay Roll Deduction. So, you cannot buy more then your paycheck (This is to weed out people who want to work there for a week and buy their homes at 10% off). Next, the pay is very good. I have been working there part-time for about two years now. I make $10/hr and on the Weekends, you recieve a $2.50 raise, so $12.50/hr (before taxes of course). I am not sure about full-time, but I am sure it is equally as good. Another great thing that Menards offers is Profit Sharing. Basically if you work a certain amount of hours, and your store is profitable you get a chunk of that at the end of the year. This year I got an additional $240 and my sister, who also works at Menards, got $500. If you stick with the company, each year you can earn more and eventually this amount grows into the thousands. Menards also offers optional In-Home training (to educate you on all things Menards), seasonal bonuses, and free stuff EVERY holiday, not to mention a monthly, enjoyable employee newsletter. The enviroment, at least at my store, is also great. Everyone gets along and has a great time. The crowd is also very diverse. Employees range from High School teens to the Old and Grey.

As for Home Depot, I have never worked for them so I can't give you personal insight. Good things about working for them would be the fact that they are the Worlds Largest Home Improvement retailer and America's Second Largest Retailer (1st being Wal-Mart). Comparing the two physical stores, I have found that Menards are cleaner and better organized. As for product, Home Depot offers more higher quality and higher cost items.

I say go with Menards.

Working At Menards

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): place work home depot menards: https://tr.im/hG6GQ

2

Source(s): Take Surveys Get Cash - http://onlinesurveys.iukiy.com/?HYXv

Menards In Home Training

I like Menard's better, I have friends that worked there and there really liked it.

#1 Online Paid Surveys - http://onlinesurveys.uzaev.com/?vpQL

Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this discussion. inspiring answers

I work in a jam