Road Bicycle Frame Material???

I'm a bit in the dark here. I'm about to make the switch to a road bike from a mountain bike (I'm currently living in the city). I was set on getting a Giant OCR aluminum framed bike, but after doing a bit of research found out that people say it is NOT a smooth ride, and steel is much more comfortable,... show more I'm a bit in the dark here. I'm about to make the switch to a road bike from a mountain bike (I'm currently living in the city). I was set on getting a Giant OCR aluminum framed bike, but after doing a bit of research found out that people say it is NOT a smooth ride, and steel is much more comfortable, and that newer steel frames are getting lighter as well (with weight being previously a pitfall for steel). Can someone break down the differences, and what I should get? I don't want titanium, or scandium etc. because I must consider price. Also, what are some good STEEL framed bikes to consider? I'd want the STI shifters (the shifters on the brake levels). Also, if someone knows a lot about bikes please email me at pinetreeforest123@yahoo.com, I'd really appreciate talking to someone knowledgable. My budget is 500$ or below as well. Thanks!
5 answers 5