If my daughter still lives at home & she files her taxes as her own dependent and her college can?

we (here Parents) still claim her and get money back? We had someone else file our taxes this yr and they told us that she would get more money back all together if she filled single and her college. Well my daughter already got her big check in the mail for around 800 and I got a letter from the IRS, that there... show more we (here Parents) still claim her and get money back? We had someone else file our taxes this yr and they told us that she would get more money back all together if she filled single and her college. Well my daughter already got her big check in the mail for around 800 and I got a letter from the IRS, that there was some typos and a check only for 63 dollars and we owe the federal 186. Is there anyway we can still claim our daughter since she still lives at home? Will we get more money back?? Im so stressed out. Anything will help!