Can tonsillitis be an AIDS related symptom?

Can tonsillitis be an AIDS related symptom

Favorite Answer

Well.........probably not, however, have you been in a position were you think you may have been exposed to HIV?

Oh, btw, HIV is a pre-cursor to AIDS. Just to edumacate you a little bit.

And, if you're THAT worried about AIDS, maybe you should have used a condom?

This stage is characterized by severe immunodeficiency. There are signs of life-threatening infections and unusual tumours. There are symptoms such as:

persistent tiredness

night sweats

weight loss

persistent diarrhoea

blurred vision

white spots on the tongue or mouth (leukoplakia)

dry cough

shortness of breath

fever of above 37C (100F) that lasts a number of weeks

swollen glands that last for more than three months

Quinsy is an old name for peritonsillar abcess. Many doctors are not taking tonsils out anymore, but antibiotics would be indicated with an abcess, generally caused by a bacteria. It is a complication of tonsilitis. See Wikapedia" Quinsy, peritonsillar abcess"

If it is, well it looks like I get aids every winter. Cause every year I get a case of tonsilitis.

No. HIV patients tend to have respiratory issues like pneamonia. Tonsillitis is a bacterial infection that anybody could easily get with exposure. and reoccurent tonsillitis could simply mean somebody needs their tonsils removed.

Actually, when you have HIV, your immunity is brought down making you susceptible to different illnesses. If you are worried about having HIV/AIDS I would get tested. Planned Parenthood will test you for free. I went 10 years worried I was infected and finally was relieved when I got tested that I don't have the virus. Just get tested to put your mind at ease.

Actually I don't want to scare you but when people get infected with AIDS their immune systems lowers and you can get sick... WITH ANYTHING. It's not a symptom it's an effect because your defences would be low and you could catch the virus

• emma l

No, its more on the swelling of your tonsillitis, and therefore you need to see a throat doctor to prescribe you antibiotic drug.

No: tonsillitis is urt infection, and it's not related to AIDS!

technically yes, however tonsillitis is very contagious anyway so we all catch it.