how do you cut pineapple swirls or rings?<10 pt>?

what do i use,steps to cutting it into rings or swirls...and how do i avoid it from getting all mushy from the juice in the pineapple...easy 10 points...appreciate your help

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lay the pineapple on its side, cut off the top and a slice off the bottom. Stand the pineapple up and cut downward slices all around to remove the peel. Lay the pineapple on its side again and cut into slices. With a sharp knife cut the core out of each slice. Now you have a ring. Do all the slices in this manner. You can save the peels to make BBQ sauce for ribs. Boil a few pieces of the peel with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup soya sauce, 1/2 tsp dry mustard about 1 cup of water and a bit of fresh ginger. Boil about half hour or until it reduces to about a cup of liquid. Strain. Use to brush on spare ribs.

• 1 decade ago

The easiest way, is to cut thru the whole thing, peel and all, then cut the peel away fromt he fleshy part and eat it. You can peel it whole but it is stickery and hard to do unless you have one of those fancy cutters that cuts fromt he top to the bottom in a complete circle. But I would just cut it in slices, or cut it in quarters, length wise, and serve with a knife and fork.

Source(s): Experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to local steel supplier & get 2 pieces of thin wall tube about 10 inches( 250mm) long..stainless steel is best..

get one about 1 inch (25mm) dia ..to use as a corer

the other about 4 inch (100mm)dia.. to take of the skin

lay pinapple on side & cut of top & bottom

stand pinapple up.. push thin tube through to remove core

push large tube through to remove skin..

slice to required thickness....or artisticly slice pinapple in a spiral .....starting from the top slice through one side & continue around & down untill the spiral is the required size..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.