What do you think about Michael Crichton being sued?

My aunt works for the NY Times and told me that a young writer/producer etc... will be filing a lawsuit on 3/23/07 (Friday) against this Hollywood A-Lister for copyright infringement. According to my aunt the young writer is Kevin Preusse (who uses a fake name on his movies) has a Dec. 2000 copyright on a script and it was adapted in Crichton's novel, "State of Fear". My aunt read both works and said Crichton's novel uses about 97% the content of Preusse's script, which again was copyrighted 4 years before Crichton's copyright. Do you think that the young writer has a chance or is Hollywood so dirty and powerful he will lose? The story is going to hit the public and be all over the news on Friday, once the papers are filed. I don't think it's right that such an acclaimed writer has to steal other people's work.

Favorite Answer

it doesn't bother me...

idk whats going on.. but you'd have to think that the writer of the novel would have the right to make a screenplay of it.. and if either is a good screenplay, its going to be very similar to the novel, which Crichton wrote.. so i'd say that unless Crichton copied 97% word-for-word, he did nothing wrong

If he truly copied another's work he deserves to be sued.

I think it will be difficult to prove copyright infringement, but the only way to find out is to try it.

I'll wait until I see the evidence; hearsay doesn't work for me.

I'm in shock...

I won't be able to sleep for days....

who cares?