Home Plumbing & Flooding?

I got home from work today to find out that we have no running water in the house. I'm not sure if the water has been cut off or if it is a plumbing problem. Water has been flooding out of the toilet tank and the washing maching. Water got all over my floors. We turned off the valves to both but the toilet... show more I got home from work today to find out that we have no running water in the house. I'm not sure if the water has been cut off or if it is a plumbing problem. Water has been flooding out of the toilet tank and the washing maching. Water got all over my floors. We turned off the valves to both but the toilet still floods. Any ideas what is going on here? Maybe the water was cut off and the extra water is coming from the water heater? Perhaps some pipe has a leak? I can't call the water company until tomorrow, they were already closed when I got home from work. I live in a neighborhood that has a shared water valve, so I can't turn that off. The meter in the yard has no valve to turn off. Help!
Update: The water flooding from the washer and toilet is coming from their cold water valves. It's cold, clean water.