I need a $5000 loan. I have a thing that I need to get paid. My credit it poor.?

I have recently raised my credit score from very poor to poor. I have 4 credit cards that I pay off every month, which has raised my credit score significantly. I am starting my own business and need to apply for a specific kind of license. However, because of this thing, I can't apply for this license until... show more I have recently raised my credit score from very poor to poor. I have 4 credit cards that I pay off every month, which has raised my credit score significantly. I am starting my own business and need to apply for a specific kind of license. However, because of this thing, I can't apply for this license until it is paid off. This thing was left on my by my exhusband. I've tried to make him pay but he won't and the courts says I am responsible since my name is the primary. I was in chapter 13 bankruptcy for 3 years. I had it dismissed when i dismissed my husband. I think that why I keep getting denied. Just because the bankruptcy is on my credit. The banks never ask if it is dismissed or discharged. Can anyone help? I have been denied by the following:
Prosper
CitiFinancial
American General
HSBC
Cash Call
E loan
Bank of America
and the list goes on. Please help. LEGITIMATE HELP PLEASE.

Thank you