Can a professor copyright an exam?

I am wondering if a professor can copyright an exam... For example, I am taking a biology course in University and we had a 50 question multiple choice exam... Firstly, if the questions is factual (along the lines of "Which of the following statements are correct?", or "What occurs after... show more I am wondering if a professor can copyright an exam... For example, I am taking a biology course in University and we had a 50 question multiple choice exam... Firstly, if the questions is factual (along the lines of "Which of the following statements are correct?", or "What occurs after glycolysis?" can they br protected or can they be redistributed? Secondly, although it is a multiple choice exam, the student is choosing the answer and is it therefore considered his/her own expression?

As far as the material being redistributed... It will be redistributed solely for educational purposes, i.e. emailed to a friend or student taking the class in the future to help them study and prepare for an exam.

(I do know that redistributing an exam will tend to upset professors, and many professors recycle exams, however, that is another issue. My concern here is strict legalities and whether I can or cannot redistribute an exam under fair use for educational purposes.)

-Em