To zoloft or not to zoloft?

I've been on Zoloft for a couple years now and it's done good things for my anziety attacks, but it has made me so appathetic that I seriously believe that if I stay on it, I am in real danger of losing my job. I have been on Lexapro and hated the way it made me feel. I've been off of the Zoloft... show more I've been on Zoloft for a couple years now and it's done good things for my anziety attacks, but it has made me so appathetic that I seriously believe that if I stay on it, I am in real danger of losing my job.

I have been on Lexapro and hated the way it made me feel.

I've been off of the Zoloft for a couple weeks now, but the old anxiety is coming back. I do have ativan, but since it's highly addictive, I reserve it only for emergencies. For minor attacks, I use rescue remedy, which is 100% safe, but can only do so much.

Does anyone have any advice on what medication I should talk to my Dr. about? I would love to just use the ativan when need be, but I'm afraid that my use would escalate and addiction is not something I have any desire to play with.
Update: Lost_one, I went that route... I cried more than I care to tell you. I was in a constant state of panic, and the idea of going back to that terrifies me. I woke up every day in fear of what *might* happen.
Update 2: Shelley & Robin - it's too late on the "don't stop! LOL... I had a really rough week the first week off of it - I should absolutely have used a more methodical method of weaning myself off of it. It was more like skip a couple days, take one, skip a couple days... I had one day where my anxiety was... show more Shelley & Robin - it's too late on the "don't stop! LOL... I had a really rough week the first week off of it - I should absolutely have used a more methodical method of weaning myself off of it. It was more like skip a couple days, take one, skip a couple days... I had one day where my anxiety was through the roof... so in case anyone else reads this - no cold turkey... it's bad!