First of all let me say; great the politicians are finaly getting bright enough to use the internet, while rallies are good for you, they already carry your supporters; its just for show. Here you can get people that are unsure, and let them voice their opinions directly to you, or your campaign people.
Its actually a really simple thing. You want to promote
alternate energy, lets go with cars since that is most of the problem.
Ethanol, we all know what it is, it can run your car like gasoline.
1. Is it cheaper?, you know americans we don't save anything, not because we don't want to, there's just no extra money available.
2. What cars take it, build more; take ford for instance, instead of bailing them out time and time again, have them make ethanol cars, lots of them. If we did this a long time ago, the middle east would not even be a problem now, the 100,000,000$ a day they made would be percentage points on that. No Money no War
3. Where can I get it, well I would simply replace all high octane fuel pumps with ethanol, leave midgrade and low.
4. Hows the supply chain of ethanol, will it be there when I need it? Probably not for the entire us, but one station at a time. Even building cars that take both kinds, and having the gov supplement the price, so it's comparable, would be much better than just throwing the money overseas.
5. The scarry factor, If we grow ethanol and grow food, one day won't we end up deciding between the two. A collision of importance will happen sooner or later, what happens then?
6. Just do it! nice slogan, but quit dragging feet and someone push the friggin ball. All the State of the Union speeches change nothing, its car companies and oil companies resonsibility, if they refuse, then have a government takeover of them, yes it's that important. Sorry Fat Cats, america is more important than your condo in paris.