Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Diego · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the Mariot in San Diego?

• Brent
    Favorite Answer

There are a several Marriott hotels in San Diego. There are two locations downtown. I prefer the San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina location, next to the convention center. I've attended several functions there, and have stayed there a couple of times. It's a great hotel, and the restaurants were very good, and the location was a bit better for me, as I had events to attend at the convention center.

The Marriott Hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter is just around the corner from the Marina location, and is a nice hotel as well, convenient to downtown shopping and restaurants. However, I do prefer the Marina location.

Source(s): I'm a well traveled road warrior, and now call San Diego home...

Other than the views, the Marriott Marina is over rated. Yes, there was a time that the hotel was awesome, but now the hotel has major service issues. If there happens to be a convention in the hotel or city, just assume you will be lost in a crowd of thousands. Also, the room rates are high for the poor service you recieve. A beautiful hotel that has suffered a lack of leadership and training, which has resulted in inconsisent service. Your expectations will not be met for the money you are paying.

If you have car then would stay at the Mission Valley or La Jolla Marriotts. Not as convenient if you want to take in downtown, but you could save yourself $75-$100 dollars a night. The Gaslamp Marriott is OK, but you are paying for location. Check out the prices for the Coronado Marriott this is a nice Hotel to relax in.

I'm in the Marriot Residence Inn in San Diego. They're fine rooms but a little pricey.

Good service though, plus the one I'm in is close to the harbour, great for walks.

I had been in the Mariott over at Harbor and the view is really spectacular. You just have to choose the right room with the view.