Canada Facts?

Would Somebody Please Give Me A Really Interesting Fact/Facts About Canada

Favorite Answer

Canada has:

-the longest street in the WORLD! (Yonge Street)

-the second largest land area in the WORLD! (after Russia which has a total area of 17 075 000 square kilometres)

-the largest mall in the WORLD! (West Edmonton Mall)

-the WORLD's largest island in a freshwater lake is Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron, 2765 square kilometres

- the deepest lake in the WORLD is Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories, 614 metres deep

-the longest national highway in the WORLD! (Trans-Canada Highway)

WOOT WOOT GO CANADA!!!

Source(s): I am Canadian and we learn these facts in school!!!

Gee, I hope you like this......

The Canada Rant from Molson Canadian Beer commercial

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack or a fur trader

I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled

and I don't know Jimmy or Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President

I speak English and French, not American

And I pronounce it "about", not "a boot"

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack

I believe in peace keeping, not policing

diversity, not assimilation

and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal

A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch

and it is pronounced "zed", not "zee", "zed!!!!"

Canada is the second largest land mass!

The first nation of hockey!

And the best part of North America!

My name is Joe and I am a Canadian!

Source(s): William Shatner, who is Canadian, performed his own variation on the idea in a Just for Laughs appearance. He announced to the world: "I am not a Starfleet commander, ...or T.J. Hooker." The rant continues, making fun of Trekkies and his own typecasting as James T. Kirk.

Canada has the worlds largest body's of fresh water.

( great lakes )

Canada has the worlds second largest land area.

( after Russia, with there breaking up this could change )

Canada has the worlds most diverse cultural population

( found in major city's like Toronto )

Prime Ministerial facts:

PM William Lyon Mackenzie King believed in ghosts (he liked to speak with his dead mother/dog.)

PM Lester B. Pearson started the UN Peace Keeping Force.

PM Pierre Trudeau gave the finger to a reporter. He always wore a red rose in his lapel. He also did a pirouette for Queen Elizabeth II.

I just wanted to let you know that West Edmonton Mall is no longer the largest mall in the world. I am pretty sure it's the Mall of America, although that may have just been outdone by the upcoming complex in China.

However did you know that a Canadian invented the telephone, insulin, and the light bulb! Not to mention instant mashed potato's... I mean really where would the world be without those?!

Our first Prime Minister was a raging alcoholic, but still built the country, the RCMP, the world largest railroad. And Dog river was founded by him after he was done building Sunnyvale trailer park with his good friend Jim Lahey.

• AMS

here's a couple of fun facts: Trivial Pursuit and the Blackberry were both invented in Montreal

There are so many lakes in northern ontario, that there is no actual number of how many they are. That is why it is nicknamed the land of 10,000 lakes.

everyone already gave my answers.

how bout this. the winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagra Falls froze solid.

The only fact worthwhile is that they are located next to the best country in the world!

Secondly i constantly hear what a great country canada is,......but did you know that canada has one of the largest suicide rates in the WORLD!!!!! their rate is much higher than America's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_rates...