why is black pride okay but white pride racist?

look, im a 14 year old black kid. i was doing the CMTs when there was a insert about some poor black lady who got rich. it said Black pride alot....so i was wondering why Black Pride is okay While white pride is not okay. i came up with a few answers of my own like: 1. white power organizations use the term. 2. since There is next to no black power organizations, i think its okay beacuase in this term, black pride means..like be proud of who you are and dont make anyone make you think you are inferior.

Favorite Answer

Yes, you're right.

It's not accepted because in history white pride was used as a weapon instead of a way to lift the white race.

Black Pride has been used to lift the race not to intimidate and kill.

I see you weren't taught much about the Civil Rights movement.

I shall give you a quick summary. The phrase "black pride" was coined in the Civil Rights Movement, a movement in which blacks fought back their oppressors (whites) to gain equality in America.

"Black pride" does not mean "down with whitey!" Black Pride is all about being proud of who you are and how you look, even though other people think you are disgusting and unworthy because of how you look.

The phrase "White pride" has never had a positive meaning, therefore it makes less sense to say this.

Hope I helped.

well im no expert, but i would say you are right. black people in America are only 4 or 5 generations removed from slavery so there is an inadequate feeling among some black people that still remains. That type of oppression takes a long time to overcome. The black panthers were a black pride group. Not sure if they still exist or even what they believe. There are so many double standards in our society. I don't think its right but its real so you have to accept it.

• PLD

black pride is a term started during the '60s by Black people trying to make political and economic gains in this country after years of being legallly and illegally denied access to the same rights as whites. White pride is a term coined by racist whites to DENY other races access to opportunities in this country.

I think that people should be equal, regardless of color, gender, religion, etc.

Honestly, I think that this sort of repression occurs because people still expect us to pay for what our great great grandparents did to someone else's great great grandparents. I'm proud to be half German and half Irish. Does that make me racist, just because the heritage I'm proud of happens to include having white skin? I certainly hope not! I think it's wonderful for people to be aware of and proud of their heritage, but that doesn't mean that one is better than the other. Just because I'm white, does that mean that I'm a racist? that I can't be proud of my background?

I think that our society today is forcing a double standard, instead of focusing on equality.

Cause white people in the past were in power, so even though society is becoming a bit more culturally integrated, 'minorities' are still thought of as the 'underdogs'. You never see male pride groups do you? Only feminists, again cause males were traditionally in power.

• glow

White pride isn't racist.

Ah, the world of Political Correctness.

Wonderful isn't it?

• Ericho

dont but am into american pride

For the same reason there is no WET, no NAAWP, no specialty magazines for whites, no UWCF, no Miss White America, no White History Month etc. White people are comfortable in their white skin and don't need phony celebrations or organizations to boost their self-esteem like black people do.