Herpes or Yeast Infection?

Im not sure anymore...I had sex on Feb 18th without a condom and on Feb 27 I had this buring and ichy feeling it was so bad that I couldnt sleep at night...and i scratched and scratched and scratched. I dont have the burning feeling anymore just ichyness(It stoped around March 6-10)...and I do scratch in one place...plus another place...(my inside lips and between the inside lips and the outside) Now I am experiencing this white odor discharge I can sit and watch it come out by itself. But when I checked my inside lips where i scratch...there are bumps there....like forming lines where I scracthed and now this kind of sounds like herpes...the bumps do not hurt...they're not red, not blister looking, and it doesnt burn, itch, or puss indside, or water nothing! They are just there But I am still afraid it might be herpes. When I pee it doenst burn...It just ichys at my clit...So does it sound like Herpes or Yeast Infection?

Could I be sctrchin to hard to cause the bumps to appear?

27 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    I've never had a yeast infection like that before.

    Either way, you should get it checked out by a doctor. Better safe then sorry.

  • 3 years ago


    Source(s): A 100% cure for herpes... https://herpesfix.org/?8esut
  • 3 years ago


    Source(s): Top Herpes Cure Program - http://HerpesCured.trustdd.com/?EvCk
  • 1 decade ago

    Dont be afraid to go to your doctor! Only she can give you the peace of mind of knowing for sure, but it sounds to me like a yeast infection. If you have irritated that area so badly with scratching you certainly could have caused some raw areas. Yeast infections can present in many different ways. Also, just because you used a condom, does not mean you are 100% protected from stds:( Get yourself checked out. You will feel better with a real diagnosis! Good luck!

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    it sounds like an std called trichomoniasis. This is when a man sleeps with a woman who has a yeast infection, he gets it, and then he sleeps with another woman and gives it to her, only now its more intensified. Both partners need to be treated or it will just be given back and forth. Scratching so much could have caused extra irritation and causing a rash or bumps. Next time it itches that badly, try putting a cold wet washcloth down there, it should help some. Any way you look at it you really should go see a dr. and get checked out.

  • 1 decade ago

    The bumps are normal and the older you get the more pronounced they will get. I really think that you have a yeast infection.Does the discharge look like cottage cheese?If so than that's a yeast infection.As far as the herpes typically the symptoms are itching,burning,and pain on or around the vaginal area which are followed by painful blisters, difficulty or pain when trying to urinate,swollen lymph glands(in neck)fever and feeling sick.Now If you still think this is a possibility go to the Dr. and get checked out because if you do have them than they will need to begin your treatment right away.If left untreated you have a greater risk of inflammation of the brain,spinal cord,or bone marrow and also could cause you terrible nerve pain so better go to the DOC better safe than sorry.Good Luck!

  • 4 years ago

    Hello, I'm on the second week and seeing definite improvement on my yeast infection symptoms:


    Note that: If the yeast infection doesn't respond to over the counter treatment, prescription medication will likely be necessary. Similarly, if the symptoms return after two months of being treated, you should contact the doctor for professional treatment rather than resorting again to home treatment.


    If this is the first time you have experienced a yeast infection, you should schedule an appointment to have the condition treated by a doctor instead of resorting to home treatment

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I would go into to see your Dr tomorrow. This does sound alot like a yeast infection which symptoms can include itching severely, red bumps and yellow-white discharge with slight odor. If odor is strong or very bad smelling then most likely something else. I would go be checked out just in case!! Good Luck!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If you currently have something strange going on in your genital area, you may have a common type of infection. Yeast and bacteria are the usual suspects, and the symptoms of these different types of infection are so similar that it is often difficult to make a proper diagnosis without your doctor's help.

    Making the wrong diagnosis could put your health in danger. Yeast infections are usually quite harmless, even though they itch and often cause an irritating discharge. Unless your immune system is compromised, you have little to fear from a yeast infection, other than the temporary discomfort.

    Bacterial infections, on the other hand, are considerably more serious. Some can be sexually transmitted to your partner, and some can cause damage to your reproductive organs, resulting in infertility. You can see, then, why it's so important to know if you infection is from yeast of one of the more dangerous germs.

    Symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection are:

    • Itching and burning in the vagina and around the vulva

    • A white vaginal discharge. It may look like cottage cheese, and may smell like bakers' yeast or beer

    • Pain during sexual intercourse

    • Swelling of the vulva

    Unfortunately, symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are almost exactly the same. The discharge may smell fishy instead of yeasty, and may be stronger after sex or after washing with soap. You will also itch or burn, and the discharge can be either white, gray or yellow.

    Other infections that can have very similar symptoms are caused by the sexually transmitted parasite called tricomoniasis, and by the STD's called Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. All these infections must be treated by your doctor.

    If you have a vaginal discharge along with a fever, nausea, chills, upset stomach or vomiting, and/or abdominal pain, you may have a much more serious type of infection. Yeast does not cause these symptoms. You may have a kidney infection, appendicitis or pelvic inflammatory disease, and urgent or emergency care may be needed. Get yourself to a doctor.

    Are male infections easier to diagnose? Not necessarily.

    A male yeast infection shows up as an itching, red rash on the penis. The rash will look red and flat, with sharp scalloped edges. You may see small pustules around the edges of the rash, and it may itch or burn. A rash around the anus may be white or red, and will itch.

    Men who have a thin whitish discharge from the penis with pain or burning during urination may have Tricomonas or Gonorrhea. You don't want either of these infections, and you certainly don't want to share them with your partners, so head over to your doctor's office or clinic for proper care. The symptoms often go away on their own, but the infection is still there, causing internal damage and waiting to infect your next partner.

    Yeast infections are so common that we often assume that our discharge, itching, pain or rash is being caused by yeast, but remember that if you do have an infection yeast may not be causing it. It's always safest to see your doctor so you can know for sure.

    Cure your yeast infection in 12 hours with http://effef.dmhmd.hop.clickbank.net/

  • 4 years ago


    Herpes or Yeast Infection?

    Im not sure anymore...I had sex on Feb 18th without a condom and on Feb 27 I had this buring and ichy feeling it was so bad that I couldnt sleep at night...and i scratched and scratched and scratched. I dont have the burning feeling anymore just ichyness(It stoped around March 6-10)...and I do...

    Source(s): herpes yeast infection: https://trimurl.im/d48/herpes-or-yeast-infection
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.