unnua
unnua asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

What do you put in green tea?

In Japan, what do you traditionally add to green tea? Anything? I thought I might like to start drinking it.

Favorite Answer

Green tea is traditionally drunk on its own, with no additions as most green teas have a delicate flavour, and the taste would be spoiled by adding milk add sugar etc.

When I drink green tea, I usually put 1/2 teaspoon into a mug and then add hot water, (boiled water that's been allowed to cool for a while) and allow to brew for a couple of minutes before drinking. The same leaves can be used a couple of more times before they loose their flavour.

If you're trying green tea for the first time I'd suggest that you just start of with a small amount of tea and gradually increase the amount until you get the strength you're happy with, but don't use more than 1 teaspoon or your tea will be too strong.

There are a great variety of green teas, so if you buy some and don't like it try another type.

If you are just getting into drinking tea, you might want to start drinking it with some kind of sweetener and/or milk. Just experiment to see what you like. Then expand your tea repertoire to white teas, black teas, and oolongs. You might then like to try tea, straight without anything, to find the true taste. all tea is good. good luck.

• babyg

Any asian tea you donot put anything in it... you have to boiled the water put the green tea in for few mins and pour out and drink it... you can maybe put suger

Source(s): i am asain.. no body i know put stuff in they asian tea

Although not traditional in Japan, I put a little lemon zest into mine and use it as a hangover cure. I swear by it.

I like mine with a little honey in it!! YUMMY

• Dixie

Cream or sugar or both...I like mine with nothing..

absolutely nothing