Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCaribbeanCuba · 1 decade ago

ok,im a usa resident??????

can i ever go to cuba! because i really want to i think my parents can cause there dominican but can i???im american?????

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is not legal. All U.S. travel to Cuba must be licensed by the Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC). Per the U.S. State Department, "This restriction includes tourist travel to Cuba from or through a third country such as Mexico or Canada". Although you could arrange such travel, you could face "civil penalties and criminal prosecution upon return to the United States".

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Legally no. But if you have family, business or for education you can go there.

Best just to fly to mexico and then get on plane to cuba. Its legal in cuba for you to be there. They wont stamp your passport so you wont get in trouble with the US.

On your way back to the US dont write that you went to cuba, just say you were in Mexico.

Many Many americans are in cuba as tourists. You shouldn't have any problems.

• 1 decade ago

You can fly to Cuba from Mexico anytime you want. Get your passport and go.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can go whenever you want.

You just can't fly there from the USA, and you cant spend more than like 10 bucks or something.

They will give you a tourist card, so your passport doesnt get stamped, so it is all good.

Source(s): Been to cuba 2x's....once from toronto, once from mexico city
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

anyone can go to cuba or whereever, but you need a passport to come back.

Source(s): logic
  • 1 decade ago

I see why not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.