Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

Computer experts only...........Please read on?

When a graphics card says PCI does it mean it can go in any PCI slot even the ones that can be used for other things like PCI modems?

Thank you very much for answering!!!!!!!!!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

yep

• 1 decade ago

Yes..it does..and it's best to put the PCI Graphics Card in your first PCI slot as well...even better, instead of a PCI graphics card buy a AGP card..they are better and faster and more performance as well..but yes..it's a PCI card and should go into a PCI slot!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hi Richard,

Yes you can use any open PCI slot. All PCI devices are compatible with those slots. You shouldn't have any trouble. The main thing it to firmly seat the card and I always leave the side of the case off and boot up to be sure its working before I button up the case.

Norm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure: you have two types of slot - AGP and PCI. Usually a graphics card goes in the AGP. But if it says PCI, that's fine.

Nowadays they're phasing out PCIs. But that's the great thing about easy motherboards - just stick it in, install the drivers and you're away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes.

Except PCI-Express slots.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If its one of those very old cards, it will be PCI.

But the latest PCI Express (PCI-E) cards will NOT fit in PCI slots

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yep, any slot will do, but rule of thumb is to pop the card in the first slot at the top, as this is the closest to the CPU and memory banks, as the info generated to and from CPU/graphics/memory gets round that little bit quicker

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

confident it is going to. the only ingredient that MIGHTcause you problems could be a intense-end pics card; say a Radeon 1650/1900/1950, or an NVidia 7300 or above. because it extremely is, you probably did no longer say, yet out of your question, working one million HDD, one million DVD/CD stress and any known video card, even a intense end card, will paintings high quality with 3 hundred watts. Douglas D MCP, MCDST, HDA, CSS (i assume that ought to qualify as a working laptop or laptop professional) playstation - i'm working an AMD Athlon sixty 4 3800+, 2 DVD/CD burners, 2 demanding drives, a resourceful X-fi Extrememusic sound card, NVidia 6800/256mb, one million.5 gb RAM, all with a 400w means furnish-i think of you would be high quality.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah you can, PCI means 'peripheral component interconnect'. So you can connect most things to it like SCSI cards, video cards, sound cards, modems, video capture cards etc

• INOA
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

yes. check your other question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.