What is like the average height to dunk a basketball?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Well, I'm 5'2 or 5'3 but I'm still young. I was just wondering the minimum height to dunk. Do you have to jump really high when you reach the minimum height?
Best Answer
  • Hi answered 7 years ago
There is no ave height, its about how much leaping ability you have, I'm 5'10 and can dunk easily, Nate Robinson is maybe 5'8 standing on a phone book, with probally the most ups in the league.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (13)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Mac answered 7 years ago
    6 5" or in my fathers case 5 6"
    • 1
    • Comment
  • mohenjo daro answered 7 years ago
    depends on how high u can jump
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • gjammo answered 7 years ago
    with an "average" vertical leap I'd say about 6'4". Of course if you're smaller than that you can still dunk, you'll just need to be able to jump higher (which is all about improving leg strength).
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Rachmanioff answered 7 years ago
    It all depends on how high you can jump really. You could be over 6 foot, but have no hops. Take for example:
    Jason Kidd, (6'4) he can't dunk to save his life,
    where as
    Nate Robinson (5'7) can jump out of the gym.

Although, if you combine height with athleticism, the AVERAGE dunking height is 6'4.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • dumpster_truck answered 7 years ago
    Anthony "Spud" Webb, a 12 year NBA basketball superstar, was 5'7" and had an amazing 42 inch vertical jump.

Source(s):

http://www.spudwebb.net/
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • stephenclay1209 answered 7 years ago
    Ummmmmmmmm................................. is no definitive answer here. Somewhere between Nate Robinson and Shawn Bradley. But I think the answer is any height at which you can get your hand over 10 foot tall or your goal under 5 foot good luck hope that helps. OOOH or become black.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Lopez M answered 7 years ago
    If you're black there is no height requirement. For white people, I've seen people over 6'9 who are unable to dunk. It's sad.
    • 4
    • Comment
  • Chino answered 7 years ago
    The average height for someone in shape to dunk is about 6'1.....But there have been alot of small dunkers like Spud Webb & Nate Robinson who stand 5'7 & 5'9...Allen Iverson can also dunk and he is 6'0.Its not really about height, it has more to do with leg strength....
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • QuestCrew answered 7 years ago
    There is no average height really. You see Shaq at 7 feet dunking and Nate Robinson dunkin at 5 foot 9. Also Spud Webb was 5 foot 5 when he won the slam dunk competition.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Arun answered 7 years ago
    6 feet!! Allen Iverson used to dunk when he was younger and he is only 6 feet.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • AND1 answered 7 years ago
    Depends on the jumping ability, 6'1" or 2"
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mary answered 7 years ago
    I dont think there is any average age to dunk a ball. If you can jump well you make a jump and put it in.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Anthony answered 7 years ago
    probably around 6'4. depending on how high you jump.
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock